We have a full line-up of socials, trips, and theater events coming up this year. In order of their date they are:
- Golden Gate Park Trip to see the Japanese Tea Gardens, Stow Lake, Strawberry Hill, Queen Wilhelmina Park and the Murphy Windmill–Fri., March 23rd, 7:45 a.m., meet at the church’s SE parking lot next to Shady Willow Ln. to carpool.
- Murder Mystery & Potluck Social–Sat., April 14th, 6:00 p.m., W129/130.
- Presidio Historic Trip–Fri., April 27th, 8:30 a.m., meet at the church’s SE parking lot next to Shady Willow Ln. to carpool.
- Laughter on the 23rd Floor Play–Fri., May 18th, 8:00 p.m., Pittsburg Comm. Theater.
- Memorial Weekend Picnic–Sat., May 26th, 11:00 a.m., Veteran’s Park, Brentwood.
- Muir Woods & Marin Headlands Trip–Fri., June 1st, 8:30 a.m., church SE parking lot.
- Movie & Dessert Night–Fri., June 15th, 6:30 p.m., W129/130.
- Sausalito Marinship & Waterfront Community–Fri., July 13th, 8:30 a.m., church SE parking lot.
- Ice Cream & Games Social–Sat., Aug. 11th, 6:30 p.m., W129/130.
- Napa Valley Scenic Sites Trip–Fri., Aug. 17th, 8:30 p.m., church SE parking lot.
- Progressive Dinner–Sat., Sept. 8th, 5:00 p-.m., church SE parking lot.
- Murder Mystery & Pizza–Fri., Oct. 5th, 6:00 p.m., W129/130.
- We Love Pasta & Movie Social–Sat., Nov. 10th, 6:00 p.m., W129/130.
- Christmas Program & Potluck–Sat., Dec. 8th, 5:30 p.m., Multi-purpose room.
For more detailed information on each of these events, see our Events page.
Check out the some of the articles Pastor Rick Moe has posted:
- “Why Build Cities on Hills” explains why all the ancient cities in Israel were built on the highest hill possible. Imagine having to walk down a steep hill every day just to get water. Why would smart people build their town on a hill when there was room in the valley?
- “Keys to Great Relationships” based on Galatians 6:7-10. This article fits with Golden Hill’s, church-wide campaign on “Building Community.”
- “True Worship” John 4:23-24.
The Book of 1 Samuel: We are studying the life of King David and are now in the section where King Saul tries to kill David. Pastor Rick uses maps of where the events and battles took place, pictures of the places in Israel where the events happened, and a lot of other interesting details that make the stories come alive. As Frances Wilmoth said, “I’ve read through the Bible every year since I was saved, and that’s a lot of years. I think this is the first time I have really understood it.” If you want to understand your Bible better, and understand the God who wrote it, we encourage you to join us.